While we try to make sure that we do everything right first time, sometimes we get things wrong and you may want to make a complaint.

Although we try to ensure that our customers don’t feel that they need to make a complaint, we welcome them as they give us an opportunity to improve our services. Your feedback will help us do things better next time.

We would recommend that you talk to us first by contacting the team who dealt with your initial enquiry. They will try to resolve your complaint for you on the spot. If you still feel aggrieved you can make a formal complaint.

We are happy to communicate with you in the way that you prefer.  This could be in writing, over the phone, in person, or by email.

If you do not wish to make the complaint yourself, we are happy to deal with someone who will represent you.  This may be a local official, family member, or other body such as an advocate.  You may need to give us permission if your complaint concerns sensitive information.

How to Make a Complaint

Stage 1

You can make an official complaint, in the following ways:

We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and give you a full response within 10 working days.

Stage 2

If you are unhappy with the outcome of a Stage 1 complaint, you can then appeal against this decision.

You can do this in the same way that you made your Stage 1 complaint.

We will acknowledge in writing within 2 working days, and aim to respond fully within 10 working days.

Stage 3

If you’re still dissatisfied you must either wait 8 weeks before contacting the Housing Ombudsman, OR contact a “Designated Person” who may refer you sooner.

A ‘Designated Person’ can be:

  • A local councillor (must be a councillor for the local area)
  • Any member of the House of Commons (MP)
  • A registered Tenant Panel, which is recognised by the Housing Ombudsman

The “Designated Person” will independently review your complaint and may make recommendations to resolve the issue. They can then refer the complaint to the Housing Ombudsman if they feel that they are not able to assist.

Please be aware though that the Housing Ombudsman will not consider a complaint unless you have gone through all the stages of the complaints procedure with Pine Court Housing.

Independent Housing Ombudsman Service
81 Aldwych, London, WC2B 4HN

  • Telephone: 0845 712 5973
  • Minicom: 020 7404 7092
  • Fax: 020 7831 1942
  • Email: info@housingombudsman.org.uk
  • Website: www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk